Introductory Course - 2 Weeks - 13 Lessons
starts 1st day of every month
This certificated course is run by E-gurukul.net in conjunction with the Vedic Mathematics Academy.
Description: An introduction to Vedic Maths, with history, background etc. You will have full access to the 13 videos for the entire duration of the course and so can study them at any time convenient for yourself. On completion of the online Test at the end an e-certificate will be sent.
Next scheduled course starts:
1st November 2019
Mode: 100 % Online - Self paced - Enrol and study from any part of the globe. No prerequisites - anyone can join. 13 Video Lessons with online Test.
Course created by Kenneth Williams.
Students who pass have the opportunity to enrol for the follow-on Diploma course (a further 23 lessons).
Any queries can be sent to PasyanthiTeam@gmail.com
1. HOLISTIC MATHS. Course overview, history of our number system. 10-point circle, completing 10s, addition. Mental addition from left to right.
2. COMPLETING THE WHOLE. Early history of VM. Looking for 10s in addition, including adding columns. Using addition and subtraction together.
3. DOUBLING AND HALVING. Number splitting: doubling and repeated doubling. Halving and repeated halving.
4. CREATIVE MATHS. Improvising and extending the multiplication tables. Multiplying and Dividing by 5, 50, 25.
5. A MAGIC NUMBER. Digit sums, 9-point circle, casting out nines. Digit sum puzzles and divisibility by 3,9,6,15.
6. CHECKING IT OUT. Checking with digit sums. Checking with first and last figures. The Vedic Square.
7. THE INVISIBLE NUMBER. Calculating left to right. Doubling & halving. Finger maths.
8. SUBTRACTION. Recent history. Subtraction-left to right. Checking subtractions.
9. MENTAL MATHS. Consolidating mental maths. The number 37 and its uses.
10. ALL FROM 9 AND THE LAST FROM 10. Subtraction using All from 9, Last from 10. Bar numbers.
11. THE POWER OF NEGATIVE THINKING. Using bar numbers for subtraction. Number splitting for the four operations.
12. ANOTHER MAGIC NUMBER. Multiplication by 11. Divisibility by 11 and a ‘digit sum’ check.
13. COHERENT MATHS. General multiplication and reversing it. Algebraic multiplication and its reverse.