Basic / Introductory Course - 13 Lessons
Enrol and Study Anytime - Self paced Online Introduction to Vedic Maths Course
Description: An introduction to Vedic Maths, with history, background etc. You will have full access to the 13 videos for the entire duration of the course and so can study them at any time convenient for yourself.
Mode: 100 % Online - Self paced - Enrol
and study from any part of the globe. No prerequisites - anyone can join. 13 Video Lessons with online Tests.
Course created by Kenneth Williams.
Prices: these depend on country so you will need to register at the Math2Shine link below to see this.
There are options for enroling for 2, 6 or 12 months.
CLICK HERE for more details and enrollment (goes to Math2Shine website)
1. HOLISTIC MATHS. Course overview, history of our number system. 10-point circle, completing 10s, addition. Mental addition from left to right.
2. COMPLETING THE WHOLE. Early history of VM. Looking for 10s in addition, including adding columns. Using addition and subtraction together.
3. DOUBLING AND HALVING. Number splitting: doubling and repeated doubling. Halving and repeated halving.
4. CREATIVE MATHS. Improvising and extending the multiplication tables. Multiplying and Dividing by 5, 50, 25.
5. A MAGIC NUMBER. Digit sums, 9-point circle, casting out nines. Digit sum puzzles and divisibility by 3,9,6,15.
6. CHECKING IT OUT. Checking with digit sums. Checking with first and last figures. The Vedic Square.
7. THE INVISIBLE NUMBER. Calculating left to right. Doubling & halving. Finger maths.
8. SUBTRACTION. Recent history. Subtraction-left to right. Checking subtractions.
9. MENTAL MATHS. Consolidating mental maths. The number 37 and its uses.
10. ALL FROM 9 AND THE LAST FROM 10. Subtraction using All from 9, Last from 10. Bar numbers.
11. THE POWER OF NEGATIVE THINKING. Using bar numbers for subtraction. Number splitting for the four operations.
12. ANOTHER MAGIC NUMBER. Multiplication by 11. Divisibility by 11 and a ‘digit sum’ check.
13. COHERENT MATHS. General multiplication and reversing it. Algebraic multiplication and its reverse.