The course is run by E-gurukul.net in conjunction with the Vedic Mathematics Academy.
Description: An introduction to Vedic Maths, with history, background etc. Starts with elementary arithmetic and covers addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, basic algebra.
You can enrol in the next course (cost $35) in which you have:
- a trainer to answer questions,
- regular tests,
- discussion forums
- a certificate for those who pass.
Or you can see the videos now for free.
Next scheduled course starts: 7th August 2017 - 3 week course.
Mode: 100 % Online - Self paced - Enrol and study from any part of the globe. No prerequisites - anyone can join. 16 Video Lessons with online Tests and Forum discussions.
Course created by Kenneth Williams.
Conducted by Dr Arvind Prasad.
Comments / testimonials from the first course.
Any queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. HOLISTIC MATHS. Course overview, history of our number system. 10-point circle, completing 10s, addition. Mental addition from left to right.
2. COMPLETING THE WHOLE. Early history of VM. Looking for 10s in addition, including adding columns. Using addition and subtraction together.
3. DOUBLING AND HALVING. Number splitting: doubling and repeated doubling. Halving and repeated halving.
4. CREATIVE MATHS. Improvising and extending the multiplication tables. Multiplying and Dividing by 5, 50, 25.
5. A MAGIC NUMBER. Digit sums, 9-point circle, casting out nines. Digit sum puzzles and divisibility by 3,9,6,15.
6. CHECKING IT OUT. Checking with digit sums. Checking with first and last figures. The Vedic Square.
7. THE INVISIBLE NUMBER. Calculating left to right. Doubling & halving. Finger maths.
8. SUBTRACTION. Recent history. Subtraction-left to right. Checking subtractions.
9. MENTAL MATHS. Consolidating mental maths. The number 37 and its uses.
10. ALL FROM 9 AND THE LAST FROM 10. Subtraction using All from 9, Last from 10. Bar numbers.
11. THE POWER OF NEGATIVE THINKING. Using bar numbers for subtraction. Number splitting for the four operations.
12. ANOTHER MAGIC NUMBER. Multiplication by 11. Divisibility by 11 and a ‘digit sum’ check.
13. COHERENT MATHS. General multiplication and reversing it. Algebraic multiplication and its reverse.
14. MATHEMAGICS. Multiplying numbers near 100. Proofs.
15. NUMBER PATTERNS. Using Proportion to extend base multiplication. Multiplying near base 10, and multiples of 10.
16. THINK OF A NUMBER. Use of transposition in solving word puzzles. Solving equations. Combining/comparing fractions.